The following sections summarise the features supported by country for the available acquirers through Worldpay Total:
Worldpay UK Acquiring Worldpay Republic of Ireland Acquiring Worldpay France Acquiring Worldpay Germany and Netherlands Acquiring Barclaycard UK Acquiring
|Country||Streamline||Barclaycard||FIPS (Planet DCC Acquiring)||Amex|
|France||Supported||Not supported||Not Supported||Not Supported|
Glossary of terms
Managed Payment Service: the payment gateway is called Emboss, a new version of the software is released every month
The ePOS payment applications: there are two payment applications - Retail IPC and Hospitality Global. Retail IPC is deployed on each point of sale in the customer’s estate. One instance of the Hospitality Global application is usually deployed per merchant site. Two major updates are released every year. We describe Hospitality specific special features in the section below PED: available devices and capabilities are detailed in the feature tables
Attendance mode: options are attended (for example, the till on most shops)and semi-attended (for example, Tesco self-service checkout) and unattended (i.e. Underground Oyster top up machines).
PCI-DSS Compliance: the options are Standard PCI and P2PE. Our P2PE service encrypts card data traveling through a customer’s local network and across a payment gateway before reaching the payment processing system. Deployment of a P2PE-approved solution can virtually eliminate the current risk of compromised credit card data in a retail environment, reducing the scope and cost of a customer’s PCI audit.
PIN verification method: options are online PIN and offline PIN. In the UK and Republic of Ireland, the PIN is verified offline, in many European countries PIN is verified 'online'. Offline PIN means that the PIN entered by the cardholder is verified locally with the ICC. This is not to be confused with Online / Offline authorization
Card Schemes: the supported card schemes are Visa, Mastercard / Maestro, JCB, Diners / Discover, and American Express. Some limitations apply as detailed in the feature table
Transaction Source: the standard transaction sources are:
- ICC: Integrated Card Circuit, commonly known as Chip & PIN
- CTLS: Contactless, including high value contactless such as Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay
- Magstripe: the magnetic band on the back of a card
- PKE: PAN (Primary Account Number) Key Entry is the fall back when the above sources are declined. PKE entry is disabled by default due to the high number of fraud issues, but we can enable it if a customer asks for it
Transaction Types: the supported transaction types are:
- Sale: including Authorised, Declined or Referral responses
- Sale with gratuity: this is available on the Hospitality application only
- PWCB: stands for Purchase With Cashback
- MOTO (Mail Order Telephone Order): through our Virtual Terminal, this enables merchants to accept card payments by phone or fax and process those payments through the online Worldpay payments service. For more information see http://support.worldpay.com/support/kb/bg/moto/moto1000.html
- Pre-Auth, Zero-Auth, Incremental-Auth: Customers can use this feature to reserve funds on the shopper's card without immediately taking payment. This gives them more time to review the transaction and detect potential fraud. Authorisations use the same request as a normal order, with an additional flag. Once the merchant decides to take payment, a capture request is sent.
Ancillary services: supported ancillary services are:
DCC: Dynamic Currency Conversion, allows international customers to pay for goods in their own currency if they use a Visa or Mastercard at the point of sale, rather than the local currency. Worldpay Total uses Planet Payments as the DCC provider. Planet Payments also provides the DCC acquiring MIDs (Merchant IDs). Planet Payments is available to merchants in the in UK and ROI, a separate table details its capabilities.
TFS: Tax Free Services enable travellers outside Europe to receive a VAT refund on goods.
Ancillary services (continued)
- Gift Cards: Gift cards supported is PPS. Check the tables for supported PED devices.
- Closed Loop: Flexecash
- Open Loop: One4All, Me2You
- Pennies: Customers are prompted by the card machine to donate a few pence. The donation is directed to the charity of the customer’s choice. Contact and contactless transactions are supported