Generate a Payment Application Activation Code
You need this code to generate an IPS License Key.
The IPS License Key is a unique reference and is stored within IPS. You need the IPS key before you can use the various IPS functions. This IPS License Key is also required to generate the POS License Keys (single or multiple).
To generate a Payment Application Activation Code:
- From the Home Page, click the Payment Application menu.
- Click Payment Application Activation.
- Note the Emboss ID which is an optional field. You can enter your own Emboss ID here if you want.
- Enter the Payment Application Reference. This must be an alphanumeric string between nine and 15 characters long.
- Click Submit to request the IPS License Key.
The screen displays the Emboss Merchant ID, Payment Application Reference code, the Payment Application ID, and the Payment Application Activation Code. It should look like the screen below:
These various codes and IDs are:
Emboss Merchant ID - The merchant code for the Emboss system. This is a display field.
Payment Application Reference - Enter a reference code that identifies the IPS server and its location. For example, BS01-F1 could stand for the IPS server in the Bond Street store, on floor 1.
Payment Application ID - This is generated license key - you need to input this key for you IPS system to work
Payment Application Activation Code - Used for registration purposes only and serves as a one-time passcode (OTP)
Make a note of these various code values, then go back to the