The basic configuration process involves the IPS app, the payment terminal (device) and the Point of Sale Administration application. You must configure them all to work together.
REST APIshost the IPS Configuration service
We recommend that you integrate the IPS service with the back office admin application. Alternatively, you can use your back office admin application
Access the IPS on port 7080 by default. If you want to change this default 7080 port, you can use a start server script
Never copy a configured IPS from one platform to another.
IPS must be online during the configuration process.
Basic configuration flow
These steps must be completed, whether you use our provided back office admin application or your own:
- Go to the IPS homepage, which shows the status of the payment device, the name of the payment device, the device ID, the TID number and the profile name. When populated, it should look like the screen below.
Add a new pay point
To add a new pay point:
- From the Home screen, click + Pay Point at the top left of the screen. The Add a Pay Point screen appears.
Complete the fields. Worldpay provide the Terminal Identification (TID) number and the Merchant ID (MID). Select a profile from the Profile drop down or click Customise to create a custom profile. Once you create a profile, you can assign the same profile to different pay points.
Click Add to add the new pay point to IPS.
Edit an existing pay point
You can change the pay point name and profile of an existing pay point.
To edit an existing pay point:
- From the Home screen, select the pay point you want to edit from the list of pay points. The Edit Pay Point screen appears.
Rename the pay point in the Pay Point name field, or select a new profile from the Profile drop down. Click Customise to create a custom profile.
Click Save to save your changes.
Find a device to link to the pay point or replace an existing device
From the Edit an existing pay point screen:
- Click Unpair next to the Device ID field. The Find/Replace a device screen appears.
Select a device from the list, or use the search field to find a device by the Device ID, serial number, model name etc.
Click Pair to pair a device with the pay point, or click Remove to remove a device from the system.
Click Save to save your choices.
Add a new profile
To add a new profile:
- From the Home page, click Profiles at the bottom of the screen. The Add a Profile screen appears.
Enter the profile name.
Select the POS environment for this profile. The POS environments are:
- Retail – One attendant on each payment terminal to help cardholders
- Semi-Attendant – Attendant available around to help cardholders if required
- Un-attendant – Also, known as Kiosk or self-service where no attendant is available
- Pay at Table – Hospitality feature
- Pay at Counter - Hospitality feature
Enter the number of stored transactions in the Stored Transaction Limit field. This is the number of transactions the system will store in case there is no Internet connection.
Set the Interactive Message Timeout for four fields; Check Card, Verify Signature, Referral, and Cashback. These are:
Check Card – Timeout defined for Sale/Refund request followed by Check Card request
Verify Signature – Timeout defined whilst the attender is waiting for cardholder to sign the receipt for transactions which include Signature verification
Referral – In case of connectivity failure, if a transaction amount is above the floor limit, transaction is referred for manual authorisation. IPS then waits the amount of time for attender to enter the Auth code
Cashback – TBC
AVS Detail Input – In case of CNP transactions, IPS waits the amount of time for the attender to enter the card details
Accept/Reject AVS - In case of CNP transactions, merchants have an option to Accept/Reject the transactions based on the result of AVS verification. The timeout is defined here
- Select the Supported Features for this profile. The features are:
Gratuity – Commonly know as tips
PIN Bypass – TBC
Merchant Receipt – Merchant has an option whether to print the Merchant copy or not
Extended Receipt – TBC
Purchase with Cashback – Merchant has an option to provide cashback as part of a transaction. Value of goods/services + Cashback = Transaction value
Enter the AVS in the Address Verification System (AVS) field - TBC.
Click Add to add the profile to IPS.
Assign a profile to pay points
To assign a profile to an existing pay point:
From the Home screen, click Profiles at the bottom of the screen.
Select a profile from the list of profiles and click Assign next to it. The Assign a Profile screen appears.
Select the pay points you want from the list, or use the Search field to find them.
Click Assign to assign the profile to the pay point or pay points for the profile.