Testing Your Account Updater cnpAPI
This chapter provides information enabling you to verify that your Account Updater templates work correctly and will pass Certification Testing. This chapter contains the following topics:
Before You Begin Testing Credit Card Transactions Testing WPG Token Transactions Testing Access Worldpay Token Transactions After Testing
Note: Use the reference material found in
Before You Begin
Certification testing is a required phase of implementing the Worldpay cnpAPI format. The Worldpay testing process involves submitting specified data in a request and receiving specific data back in a response. The data in the request must match the format specified in the cnpAPI schema. You should use the response message returned to you to verify that your systems correctly parse the Account Updater information.
Worldpay assigns an Implementation Consultant/Manager to assist you. Your Implementation Consultant/Manager will provide the following:
- A username and password for you to use during testing to access the Pre-Live certification environment.
- Assistance at resolving issues during the certification process.
Transferring Files via FTP
This section describes how to use FTP to submit and retrieve your files (not test system-specific). As discussed in
Note: Before you begin transferring files via FTP, you must obtain a username/ password for the FTP Host and Worldpay eComm Pre-Live testing environment from your Implementation Consultant/Manager.
To submit a file for processing to the inbound directory:
Important: When submitting a file via FTP/sFTP, verify you set the file permission to 664.
File naming conventions are crucial to the file submission process. Incorrect file names prevent us from processing the file or may stop processing due to an incomplete file transfer.
Do not append .asc to the end of the filename (Step 3). You must replace the .prg extension with .asc. If .prg appears in the filename, the system will not process the file.
Also, limit the length of the filename to a maximum of 128 characters, including the extension.
On your local system, add the extension
.prg(lowercase) to the name of the file you want to submit (for example,
MerchantName_YYMMDD.prg). Keep in mind the following rules:
- Spaces are not allowed in the file name.
.prgextension must be lower case.
Open your FTP connection to the Worldpay inbound directory and move your file to the Worldpay directory.
- After you complete the FTP process, change the extension of the transmitted file (in the Worldpay inbound directory) from .prg to .asc (lowercase). The system polls the directory for files with an .asc extension every thirty seconds. When the system encounters files with the proper extension, it retrieves them for processing.
Retrieving Processed Files via sFTP
Depending on the size of your file, your response should be ready within a few minutes. Batch files containing large number of transactions take longer. For example, a batch of 10,000 transactions may require as long as ten minutes to process.
The initial response represents an acknowledgment that we received the transactions and notification that we will deliver them upstream to the card networks. Since we perform validation operations against the credit card number and the expiration date, it is possible that you also receive decline responses containing the appropriate response code.
To retrieve response files from the outbound directory:
- Open your FTP connection to the Worldpay outbound directory.
- Locate the response file, which will have the same name as the submitted file. If the response file has a .prg extension, it is still transferring to the outbound directory and is not ready for retrieval. The extension changes to .asc when the transfer to the outbound directory completes.
- Retrieve the response file.
Note: Worldpay removes response files from the outbound directory after 24 hours. Plan to retrieve your files daily.
After Completing Certification Testing
After you successfully complete Account Updater certification testing, Worldpay enables the Account Updater service for your use in the production environment.
Worldpay provides you with continuing access to the Post-Live test environment for your convenience. You can use this environment to run any additional testing you deem necessary.